El Gouna, Red Sea
The Red Sea's Premier Leisure Destination
Nestled on a secluded stretch of Red Sea coastline, El Gouna is one of the Red Sea's most sought after destinations. Internationally recognized as Egypt's most environmentally friendly destination, El Gouna gets its name from the crystalline lagoons that wrap around a cluster of islands and seashore on which the town is built. El Gouna is a complete holiday destination offering all the services required for a hassle-free vacation or permanent living. In addition to offering 14 hotels, the various activities and entertainment options, world-class cuisines and exciting nightlife make El Gouna the Red Sea's premier leisure destination.
Within close proximity to Hurghada International Airport, El Gouna is easily accessible from Europe's major cities.
- 37.8 million square meters total land area
- 18-hole Championship Golf Course
- 9 million square meters total land area developed
- 2 Angsana Spa outlets
- 14 hotels with 2,621 guestrooms total
- 4 public-access beaches and 3 nearby islands
- 10 km of beachfront, over 20 islands surrounded by lagoons
- 9 certified diving centers and 5 kitesurfing centers
- 10,000 residents from all over the world
- Horse stables and go-karts
- Environmental awards including Green Globe certification
- Tennis academy, football team and sporting club
- Villas and apartments available for sale and rent
The Town Community
- Award-winning architecture
- International curriculum K-12 school
- Innovative Dine Around Program
- University center (American University in Cairo branch)
- 100 restaurants, bars, and eateries
- Hotel training school
- Private Airport and European-standard Hospital
- Community library
- Resort-wide transportation includes bus, boat, and tok tok
- Church and Mosque for religious services
- Wireless, high-speed internet
- Nurseries and childcare
- Shops ranging from souvenirs to exclusive boutiques
- Children's playgrounds
- Supermarkets and fresh produce
A Destination for the Entire Family
Kids are highly cherished and valued members of the El Gouna community and the hotels and local service providers have taken
care to create special activities aimed to give the youngest visitors an unforgettable vacation. Activities include an international
nursery program, summer camp and daily kids clubs, tailored diving courses, a local aquarium and museum, go-karting and
mini-golf. In short, El Gouna is the perfect setting for lasting family memories.
Sports on Land and in the Water
Whether you enjoy a day at the beach, underwater, or on a quad runner expedition through the desert, El Gouna is the place
for you. Exceeding the standards of legendary Egyptian hospitality, El Gouna's range of activities is abundant. The resort offers
some of the world's best marine-based activities including snorkeling, deep sea fishing, parasailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding
and kitesurfing. Other activities include tennis, beach volleyball, horseback riding, desert safaris, and access to a range of hotel
gymnasiums and fitness centers.
Golfing in Perennial Sunshine
Year-round sunshine means year-round golf, making El Gouna an ideal golfing destination. The 18-hole championship course
boasts year-round golfing in a setting where players can feast their eyes on stunning views of mountain, water and sky as the
course challenges the strength, ingenuity, and skill of novice and professional alike. The full service Golf Club offers rental
services, food and beverage, and fitness facilities. For non-golfers, don't miss the weekly Golf Introduction with PGA Professionals
on the driving range.
Diving: Stunning Marine Life
With nine certified diving centers, El Gouna is a real diver's destination. Heated pools and calm reefs make this the perfect place
for the beginning diver to hone his or her skills before moving on to the Red Sea's highly-acclaimed reefs and wrecks. Experienced
divers drawn to the region to explore those same sites will find that El Gouna's diving centers have plenty to offer them as well.
The resort's various dive centers offer a complete range of diving education, including PADI and CMAS certifications.